Job Title: Nursery Attendant
Job Classification: N/A
Job Status: Regular Part Time
Exempt Status: Non Exempt
Department #: 460
Reports To: Nursery Coordinator
Position Supervised: N/A
Delegated Authority: N/A
Work Related Experience: High School Diploma
To provide dependable, safe, secure, and nurturing care to the children while at our Church, ages 0-4 years in a clean environment. Hours available on Wednesday/Friday evenings, Sunday mornings and occasional Tuesday mornings.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Responsible for providing age-appropriate care which includes: feeding, escorting to the bathroom, maintaining a safe environment, holding, or sitting with and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, play and prayer.
- Be polite, friendly, and courteous to all children, parents, and volunteers
- Straighten the room and clean any toys/beds before leaving.
- Report to the nursery coordinator any issues which are hindering the carry out of the duties or responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in caring for children between the ages of 0 to 4 with the ability to adapt and interact with a variety of personalities.
- At least 18 years of age
- Satisfactory completion of background check and drug screening