Early Education Sub
Job Title: Early Education Teacher’s Substitute
Job Classification: N/A
Job Status: As Needed
Exempt Status: Exempt
Department: Early Education
Department #: 650
Reports To: Early Education Director & Assistant Director
Education Requirement: High School Diploma
Instruct children (normally up to 5 years of age) in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth needed for primary school in preschool, day care center, or other child development facility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Teach basic skills such as color, shape, number and letter recognition, personal hygiene, and social skills.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior, and procedures for maintaining order.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and field trips.
- Observe and evaluate children's performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Identify children showing signs of emotional, developmental, or health-related problems, and discuss them with supervisors, parents or guardians, and child development specialists.
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress and needs, determine their priorities for their children, and suggest ways that they can promote learning and development.
- Enforce all administration policies and rules governing students.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum of 12 ECE units with six months experience.